Thank you for supporting Alzheimer's Society
The following Terms and Conditions apply to both the Weekly Lottery and Super Draws:
- Your purchase of Alzheimer's Society Weekly Lottery and Super Draw entries is from Alzheimer's Society ("The Promoter"), solely in accordance with the terms under which the Charity from time to time promotes its lotteries.
- You represent and agree that; a) You are 18 years of age or over. b) You will not buy or purport to buy an entry to this lottery on behalf of anybody under the age of 18. c) You will provide accurate entry information, including your name, personal address, email address and telephone number and accept that it is your responsibility to keep us informed of any changes as soon as they arise.
- You agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any prize if you are unable to substantiate to the Promoter your representations under paragraph 2 a) and b) above.
- Entry is open to residents of mainland Great Britain only (this excludes Isle of Man and the Channel Islands). Licence holders and Alzheimer's Society employees directly involved in the running of the lottery are excluded. (List of names available on request).
- You accept that the Alzheimer's Society Weekly Lottery and Super Draws are regulated by the Gambling Commission and that in certain circumstances, Alzheimer's Society may be unable to provide refunds or replacements once you have purchased your entry(s).
- The prizes for the Alzheimer's Society Weekly Lottery and Super Draws are printed on the marketing and promotional materials provided and are advertised on the Alzheimer's Society website (alzheimers.org.uk). There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 30 days of the draw taking place. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per chance. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance by one of the methods permitted.
- The Promoter may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the schemes.
- The Promoter will conduct the weekly lottery draw every Friday. When a Super Draw occurs, this will be combined with the weekly lottery and be drawn on the Friday of that week. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
- The winning numbers will be published on the Alzheimer's Society website (alzheimers.org.uk) and will be available via the Lottery Helpline from the following working day. 01524 753238 (Mon-Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm).
- No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
- Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of Lottery and Super Draw entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
- The Promoter's decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- You may be asked for a quote and photograph for marketing purposes.
- Alzheimer's Society is not liable for any lost, stolen, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries, or entries that reach us after the closing date, or for any delay in bank payments. Proof of posting is not proof of delivery.
- Prizes will be automatically paid out to the winners by cheque, using the contact details provided. There is no need to contact Alzheimer's Society
- Alzheimer's Society is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the Alzheimer's website (www.alzheimers.org.uk) or request further information by calling the Lottery Helpline on 01524 753238"
- Alzheimer's Society operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available via the Alzheimer's Society website (www.alzheimers.org.uk) or upon request by telephone the Lottery Helpline on 01524 753238"
- Alzheimer's Society will keep your data secure. We never sell your personal data and will not share it with other companies unless it is necessary to provide you with information or a service that you have requested from us. We may use your information to contact you in the future about Alzheimer's Society's activities, including fundraising. If you would prefer not to receive communications from us, please let us know by contacting us at Alzheimer's Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2AE or call us on 0330 333 0804.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- We require a UK address to post the winner's cheque to. If you sell your tickets on to friends or family, please ensure their name, address and telephone number is written on each of the tickets they've purchased. If one of their tickets wins and we do not have an address or telephone number to contact them with, we may not be able to send them their prize and therefore a new winner will need to be drawn.
Monies raised by this raffle will support the general work of Alzheimer's Society with registered Charity No. 296645 and registered as a company limited by guarantee (with company number 2115499) whose registered office is at 43-44 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2AE.
Payment for participation in the raffle can be made by cheque payable to 'Alzheimer's Society', credit or debit card.
Raffle tickets will be entered into the draw when the whole payment is received.
Alzheimer's Society accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the lottery to be disrupted or corrupted.
Any payments received after the closing date 31 May 2019 will be considered as donations to Alzheimer's Society.
362 Super Draw tickets will be drawn randomly.
The first ticket number drawn will win £8,000 cash.
The second ticket number drawn will receive £1,000 cash.
The third ticket number drawn will receive £100.
The next 4 ticket numbers will receive £50 each.
The next 5 ticket numbers will receive £20 each.
The next 100 ticket numbers will receive £10 each.
The next 250 ticket numbers will receive £5 each.
There are also additional prizes to be won in The Big Win Super Draw Spring 2019
Fastest 50 Prize: A speed draw will be conducted as part of the Super Draw and details of the prizes will be explained on the promotional material. The first 50 entries to the Spring Super Draw will receive one of fifty 'The Penguin Book of Puzzles' worth £4. No alternatives to any prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent out (at the Licensee's discretion) no later than the main Super Draw draw date.
Super Seller: A Super Seller draw will be conducted as part of the Super Draw and details of the draw and prizes will be explained on the promotional material. Supporters who buy or sell all tickets sent to them via the Spring Super Draw before the Draw Close Date will be entered into the Super Seller draw with a chance to win a National Garden gift voucher worth £100. No alternatives to this prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent out (at the Licensee's discretion), following the Super Draw draw date.
Bonus Prize Draw: A Bonus prize draw will be conducted as part of the Super Draw and details of the prizes will be explained on the promotional material. Supporters who complete the word search correctly and send their replies in before the Super Draw Close Date will be entered into the Bonus Prize draw with a chance to win a trowel set worth £8.88. No alternatives to this prize will be offered and no interest is payable. Prizes will be sent out (at the Licensee's discretion), following the Super Draw draw date.
- If the supporter returns the word search without a response form, the response will be securely destroyed.
- We will capture the word search return if the supporter returns it with a response form containing a ticket purchase and/or donation.
- If the supporter returns the word search insert with a response form but has not purchased any tickets or made a donation, we will not process their entry
The result of the Super Draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Winners of first, second and third prize will be contacted by post, email or telephone to arrange the delivery of their winning cheque.
Winners will be notified by post, email or telephone no later than two weeks after the draw date. A list of winners will also be published at alzheimers.org.uk/raffle within two weeks of the draw date. Please keep the ticket number as proof of purchase.
Where Alzheimer's Society is unable to contact a prize-winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for six months following Alzheimer's Society's first attempt to notify the prize-winner, Alzheimer's Society may apply the prize as it sees fit, including by re-offering the prize in future raffles.
All winners are required to co-operate with Alzheimer's Society's right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate, and to provide proof of age when requested.
Alzheimer's Society is registered with the Gambling Commission to operate this raffle, licence numbers 000-034971-R-327961-001 and 000-034971-N-316390-008. These licences are issued under Part 5 of the Gambling Act 2005. The person responsible for this raffle is Jeremy Hughes CEO.
Requests for additional raffle tickets, requests to be removed from future raffle mailings, or any concerns about this raffle should be addressed to:
43-44 Crutched Friars
In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Alzheimer's Society will notify entrants of the error.
Names of winners and results of the raffle will be available on receipt of a request to:
43-44 Crutched Friars
Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
Alzheimer's Society is a member of The Lotteries Council and contributes to The Responsible Gambling Trust which has been set up to promote and encourage responsible gambling, by funding gambling research and education and the treatment of problem gambling, providing access to support where needed.
If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware is the UK's leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice call their helpline 0845 6000 133 or visit BeGambleAware.
While most of our supporters gamble within their means, we recognise that gambling can be a problem for some.
If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, BeGambleAware can provide support and information. To support problem gamblers, we operate a self-exclusion policy which means you will not receive any marketing material from us about our raffles and lotteries. The exclusion will start after you notify us with your intentions and will last for a minimum of six months. To find out further information, please write to our Customer Care team at:
43-44 Crutched Friars
Complaints and disputes
Alzheimer's Society will:
- Make this Complaints and Disputes Procedure available to a potential or actual customer ("the customer") via the Alzheimer's Society website alzheimers.org.uk, or upon request
- Handle all complaints in accordance with this Complaints and Disputes Procedure
- Advise the Gambling Commission on the status of all disputes that are referred to the Promoter (see below).
The Complaints and Disputes Procedure is outlined as follows:
In the event that a customer has encountered a problem or has a concern to raise in respect of the Raffle, then Alzheimer's Society will in the first instance advise the customer to contact the Raffle Office at Alzheimer's Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2AE.
Any problems or concerns that are brought to the Raffle Office's attention will be formally recorded within the Raffle Complaints Log, initially as an 'incident', for Alzheimer's Society's future analysis and Gambling Commission reporting purposes.
We aim to respond as soon as possible, but normally within five days. If the investigation of the complaint is likely to take longer than five days, we will write to you to let you know the proposed timescales and next steps, aiming to resolve your complaint within a maximum of 30 days.
We will investigate your complaint involving relevant parties as necessary.
We will contact you to let you know the outcome of your complaint and any actions we have taken as a result of this.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint, you should put your complaint in writing to Alzheimer's Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London EC3N 2AE.
You will then be sent an acknowledgement of your complaint in writing, within 48 hours of us receiving it and an investigation of your complaint will then begin.
Every effort will be made to complete this investigation within 7 days of receipt.
We will then contact you with our findings, recommendations and proposed actions.
If you are still not satisfied, we will refer you to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service IBAS as soon as possible.
IBAS will act as an impartial adjudicator after the complaint/dispute has been through both of the above stages of our own internal dispute procedure and a deadlock still exists.
An IBAS panel of experts will apply their specialist knowledge to the facts and adjudicate by reference to our own terms and conditions.
Alzheimer's Society will keep your data secure. We never sell your personal data and will not share it with other companies unless it is necessary to provide you with information or a service that you have requested from us. We may use your information to contact you in the future about Alzheimer's Society's activities, including fundraising. If you would prefer not to receive communications from us, please let us know by contacting us at Alzheimer's Society, The Big Win Super Draw Spring 2019, Bumpers Way, Bumpers Farm, Chippenham SN14 6NG or call us on 0330 002 0055.