RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle Rules
- Applications must be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle.
- Any person who has entered the RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries. If a child under 16 years old is found to have participated in the lottery after the lottery draw has taken place, then a full refund will be made to that person and any prizes that might otherwise have been due to them will not be paid out. If prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
- The draw will take place on 2nd August 2017.
- The RSPB reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the raffle. The RSPB decision on all matters affecting the draw is final and legally binding. No correspondence regarding the results of the draw will be entered into.
- Complaints will be handled in line with complaints procedure found within RSPB Policy & Procedure. Complaints that cannot be resolved by the RSPB including personal attention from the Promoter will be escalated to a third party; the Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS).
- The top three winners will be notified by telephone where a telephone number is available. A list of winners will be published on our website www.rspb.org.uk/winners the next working day after the draw. The list of winners can also be accessed by calling RSPB Supporter Services on 01767 693680 (9 am-5.15 pm, Monday to Friday).
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Summer 2017 Raffle which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
- The cost of each ticket and entry is £1. New players will be sent no more than 12 tickets.
- There are 53 prizes available. First - third prize winners only are offered the choice between the prize or cash alternative.
The first prize is a fifteen day Caribbean cruise, starting in Costa Rica. The trip is for two persons. This holiday is supplied by Hurtigruten and is subject to further terms and conditions imposed by Hurtigruten. Please view full terms and conditions below. The cash alternative is £10,000. The second prize is a LG HDR 55" Smart TV. The cash alternative is £2,500. The third prize is a Weber Genesis gas BBQ. The cash alternative is £1,250. The fourth prize is 50 x £100 cash. There are no further alternatives and no interest is payable to any prize variants. Payment of prizes will be made within 21 days. Images of prizes used in promotional material are for illustrative purposes only. Actual make/model may vary dependant on availability.
Suppliers or manufactures of the prize brands are not sponsors of the raffle or involved in any arrangements relating to raffle.
The RSPB reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize or cash substitute of equal or higher value if necessary.
No liability is accepted for
- Any loss or damage, including the right to claim a prize if the terms and conditions are not complied.
- Loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items.
- Late bank payments.
- Any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered whatsoever (arising directly or indirectly) or personal injury sustained in connection with a prize or any part of it.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the RSPB (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the RSPB, its subsidiaries, agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Tickets may not be sold in the street.
- RSPB staff, trustees and their families are excluded from playing all RSPB raffles and lotteries, including the RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle. Volunteers may participate in raffles and lotteries unless they are involved in the administration of that raffle/lottery in which they must be excluded. This applies to the volunteers' immediate family. Woods Response Services employees are excluded from playing the RSPB Quarterly Raffle/ RSPB Weekly Lottery, including the RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle.
- No detail in the application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted except for change of address.
- The RSPB reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website: https://www.raffleentry.org.uk/RSPB/rules
- The RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle is open to residents of England, Wales and Scotland. No entrants are allowed from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man.
- The RSPB Summer 2017 Raffle is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Hurtigruten Terms and conditions
- The holiday prize is a fifteen day Caribbean cruise, starting in Costa Rica. The trip is for two persons.
- The holiday prize is available to book between August and September 2018.
- The holiday is ABTA and ATOL protected.
- With the exception of flights, which are included, the prize does not cover any costs associated with the cruise, in particular; travel to and from the airport, luggage handling or adequate travel insurance and valid documentation which are conditions of travel and the winner and their guest must arrange this themselves.
- If chosen, this holiday prize is non-transferrable and non-redeemable for any other prize apart from the £10,000 cash alternative. No credit will be given if the holiday prize winner or their guest does not use any part of their holiday package offered.
- The holiday prize is available to UK residents aged 18 or over only.
- The winner of the holiday prize will be bound by Hurtigruten booking terms and conditions, for details visit https://www.hurtigruten.co.uk/practical-information/terms-and-conditions/#.WE_hc4XXKUk
- If the holiday prize is chosen and the winner does not book a holiday before September 2018, or the winner is unable to claim their prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited.
- If the holiday prize is chosen, the winner and their details will be passed to Hurtigruten, who will contact the winner to arrange their holiday.
- These Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and the winner submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Supporting information used in promotion of RSPB Raffle
The RSPB is licensed by the Gambling Commission, licence number 4704, and this lottery is run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005.
The RSPB Quarterly Raffle is intended to be a fun way to support the RSPB and the vital work we do. Are you gambling more than you really want to? If you feel you have a problem with gambling please visit GambleAware's website for help and advice, or contact the National Gambling Helpline between 8 am and midnight on 0808 8020 133.
The person responsible for this lottery is Peter Altounis-Gilby at RSPB, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL. The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 207076, Scotland no. SC037654. The RSPB, UK Headquarters, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL.